Photon is a high-performance image processing library, written in Rust and compilable to WebAssembly, which can be used both natively and on the web.
It allows developers to apply filters, effects and manipulate channels of their images, as well as apply standard image processing operations such as blurring, cropping, resizing, etc.,
- High-performance: Photon outperforms even the fastest of libraries, including ImageMagick and the Python Imaging Library.
- Safety and Security: Written in Rust, this library guarantees memory safety.
- Over 80 effects: Boasting over 80 effects.
- Use on the web or natively.
This guide will help you install Photon and start using it either natively or on the web.
Image Effects Available¶
- Transformations - Crop, resize, flip, and rotate images.
- Filters - Apply image filters.
- Channel Manipulation - Alter channels to create new tinted images, channel-related effects.
- Special Effects - From solarization to offset fx to blending, over 20 special fx available.
- Correction - Sharpen, brighten, darken, saturate, color correction
To view a demo of Photon in action, click here.
Supported Image Formats¶
The following image formats are supported:
See what others have to say about Photon: